Risk & Accumulation Helvetia Specialty Lines CH & International
Having gained valuable international work experience in the field of catastrophe modelling and disaster risk management, I strive towards a professional career with progressively increasing management responsibilities. Building on my academic education in mathematics, geography and instructional design, I accumulated a diverse set of additional technical skills and leadership qualifications through trainings and practical experience. Furthermore, I gained the professional accreditation as Chartered Geographer, Royal Geographic Society with IBG in October 2011, partly as a result of my ability to bring the synergies accruing from my intedisciplinary background to fruition. For additional information about myself, please feel free to contact me.
Before having joined Helvetia in 2017 I gained international work experience in the field of (nat cat) risk management in a number of developed and developing countries.
- Managing the Catastrophe Management Services Team of Willis Re D-A-CH in Lond, Paris and Munich. Main responsibilities were risk assessments and modelling projects of property lines using all available vendor catastrophe assessments using all commercial as well as Willis’ proprietary catastrophe models, focusing on model interpretation, research and validation, loss curve blending and model judgement to fulfil supervisory reporting requirements.
- Consultancy for UNISDR (United Nations International Secretariat for Disaster Reduction), Geneva (Switzerland): From February to April 2011 I co-authored the Global Assessment Report 2011 and reviewed the methodology on the global disaster update, probabilistic risk assessment and on cost-benefit analyses of disaster risk reduction measures for the next report.
- Consultancy for NSET (National Society for Earthquake Technology), Kathmandu (Nepal): From June to September 2007 I analyzed disaster risks, improved preparedness, and developed emergency response plans in cooperation with NGOs and other stakeholders like UNDP and UNICEF.
- Consultancy for AGCS NA (Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, North America), Chicago (USA): From April to June 2007 I guided a study on seismic hazards for the region of New Madrid, USA; analysed natural disaster data and created risk maps supporting accumulation control and risk monitoring for underwriting purposes
- Consultancy for AGCS (Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty), Munich (Germany): From January to April 2007 I modelled and analysed global disaster risk, optimised intra-team work processes and improved data quality and work flow management.
Prior to my professional career in catastrophe modelling I used to work as a high school teacher at the Friedrich-Schiller Gymnasium, Marbach (Germany). During the course of one and a half years I taught mathematics and geography in German and English.